Working for a better future
At Dream Overland we consider sustainability as a key factor for the quality and differentiation of our services as well as the assumption of our social responsibility in the promotion of a truly sustainable and regenerative tourism.
In a constant search for excellence, we will therefor adopt the requirements established in the Biosphere Sustainable Lifestyle framework, in order to:
- Comply with the legal requirements applicable to this activity;
- Raise awareness about responsible tourism, as well as promote good environmental practices;
- Implement a management system, through commitments aimed at preventing pollution and reducing the environmental impacts induced by our initiatives;
- Ensure the continuous improvement of our sustainable tourism performance and customer satisfaction levels;
- Strengthen the relationship with local communities and institutions as well as the involvement of customers.
Environment and climate change
- Our activities are designed to achieve the lowest possible use of natural resources (e.g. water), non-recyclable/non-biodegradable materials, and the reduction of waste production.
- We will gradually replace conventional energy sources with renewable energies (e.g. photovoltaics).
- We will reduce the purchase of packaging and single-use plastic items, and measure the waste we produce.
- We quantify and implement measures to compensate our environmental footprint.
- We develop activities for nature conservation and the preservation of aquatic ecosystems.
Society and Culture
- We have established a partnership with an instititution in our region to provide for socio-economic support.
- We implement safety, health and emergency management protocols to ensure the well-being of our customers.
- We collaborate in education actions on sustainability, nature protection, and promotion of the local cultures.
- We inform our customers about the places of interest in Portugal and encourage them to preserve these places;
- We treat everybody with respect and dignity.
- We promote the knowledge and appreciation of the historical, and cultural heritage of the communities we visit.
- We do business following the applicable laws, in a fair and inclusive way, oriented to the satisfaction of customers.
Governance and Economy
- We promote the responsible consumption of local, seasonal produce and raise awareness about “zero waste”.
- We support locally-based entrepreneurship developed in a sustainable, socially fair and eco-friendly way.
- We’ll make use of new technologies in order to reduce the consumption of energy and natural resources.
- We work with people, official entities and NGOs in initiatives that promote a sustainable development.